Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Lots of things going on. I HAD to clean the house. I've been kinda of letting it go and browsing blogs instead. Whoops! We have had clean clothes and food on the table though. Been getting out our winter duds since the temps have dropped. That leads to cleaning out the closet and going through things that I hadn't planned on doing. You know how one thing leads to another. That's why it's not a good idea to start that kind of thing!! Also did a quick wash of the windows yesterday.

I made a light box today because I made a card and tried to take a picture of it. I saw one (the box) on Pinterest and have seen several made on blogs, so I did that. The box turned out well, the picture, not so much. It's not a real defined stamp so maybe it won't photograph well ever but I think it's me.  I'm showing you a card I did last year for Thanksgiving. It's a Serendipity stamp with a leaf from one of those little sets of autumn buttons. Tomorrow I'll be running all errands before the big rains and furious winds they are predicting for Thursday.  My heart goes out to all those affected by the terrible storms in the UK and all the places it traveled to. Be kind to each other.

 

3 comments:

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

You sound like me...I start to clean and get sidetracked...one thing leads to another...eventually it all gets done in a round about way!!! I was putting all the stuff away from my garage sale. Have to get the snowblower ready and rake the leaves into the street. Still lots of work to do before the snow falls.

I try to do most of my pictures out on the front porch and get the natural sun light. Never tried a light box. I should look at pinterest...they sure have everything there don't they. So do you have any boards there...I should check you out. You can find me there www.pinterest.com/louise langefeld-gatti (think that is the address...will have to check for sure)

Sue said...

Hi Brenda, yes I know what you mean, seems like a simple job but then leads to lots more things needing to be done! Your harvest card is gorgeous. Hope the storrm isn't too bad for you. Take care. xx

Anonymous said...

Tee hee "kind of letting it go and browsing blogs" are you my twin Brenda LOL!!
Oh,housework groan,think of all the lovely things you can create if you leave that dust a little longer :)
Beautiful Thanksgiving card-thats a lovely image and I love the popped up pieces!
Hugs,Nessa xxx