Sunday, July 27, 2014

It has been a busy week and I'm finally getting things done around here. I blame it on blogging. Since I have been reading blogs and making cards that's really all I want to do. I've gotten off my duff and cleaned the garage, the drawers, our closet and one pantry. I have the other pantry to clean out and lots of paper work to go through.  Then I will tackle the coat closet and the linen  closet in the hall and the one in the bathroom. The utilities are marked and our cement guy will let me know tomorrow when he will do the patio. I have the estimate for running the gas line, which is way more than I thought it would be, and the plumber will be here in the morning to run it.

Our dog, Molly, had an odor about her that a bath didn't help. She went to the vet Friday morning and they cleaned her teeth, said she is too heavy and her anal glands were infected. So when she woke up I went and got her. She is on a diet dog food, diet dog bisquits and an antibiotic. She should lose 7 pounds in a month and if that happens I will be eating that dog food too.  My granddaughter was here Friday and Saturday. We had a great time. We went to our mall Saturday and walked until my hips hurt! She found several things she liked and we laughed and laughed the whole time.  I love being with her.

I made a real quick card that I am posting on the http://casology.blogspot.com/Their word this week is run. I'm just getting in under the wire.  Since I used the cloud I think it will also go on http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/.  I hope to get better at making clouds. I will practice doing that before I make another card with clouds. Be kind to one another.


7 comments:

Flower Shoppe Cards said...

Hi Brenda, Thanks for visiting my new blog! I am having fun going to visit blogs I never knew existed. Awesome! I think for a "quick" card you've created a really cute card. I've never done clouds, but they look good to me!!! Have a great week!

Darnell said...

You are so funny, Brenda! You got me thinking that dog food is good idea for a diet! Yes, blogging and visiting and making cards takes up way more time than our "to do" lists, but darn it, it's so much fun to share and have someone like me tell you that I think your cute dog running after the ball is adorable!! I hope the patio install goes smoothly!! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

Hi Brenda! Oh I did giggle about the dog food - tee, hee!! I adore your card, such a lovely happy dog too. Your clouds worked just great by the way!

Hugs, Di xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah wunnerful work there Brenda great share :D did have chuckle abotu the dog food think we would all line up :D Shaz in Oz.x

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a cute card, Brenda! Reminds me a little of your fur daughter that you described in this post. I hope she does alright! You cracked me up with the part about eating that dog food, too.

Thanks soooo much for leaving me a comment at my blog! So nice to meet you!

Greta said...

Oh you made me laugh, Brenda! When our old girl was on diet dog food I never thought to join her--what a shame--LOL! How fun you got to spend time with your granddaughter. I always regretted my grandparents being in Indy & not getting to see them very often. This card is adorable--love it!

Brenda said...

Hi Brenda, sorry for being so behind with my commenting! You sure have been busy, and I agree with you on the blog stuff. I used to get so much done, but not so much now because I am always reading blogs or making cards. lol Oh well it could be worse I guess. I need to clean out closets and such around here too, maybe you will motivate me. Our dog's teeth need cleaning too, but they put her to sleep to do it and it is expensive. I was going to have it done, but then she got diabetes and that was another bill in it's self! So now insulin and needles is a routine thing, two shots a day. So the teeth will have to wait a little longer. She is on fit and healthy dog food too, maybe I should start eating it too. lol She lost weight from the diabetes, and is at her perfect weight now. Vet was worried about her losing muscle though, so we have to watch it that she doesn't lose anymore weight. Now why isn't it that easy for us humans?!! So glad that things are moving along with the house improvements. Sounds like you and your granddaughter had a fabulous time at the mall shopping. I so hope I can do that with my granddaughter's when they get bigger. Your card is adorable Brenda!! I love your clouds, not sure how you make them but I sure do love them and I am in awe of them. Your cute dog is adorable, love the butterfly in the scene too. Hugs, Brenda