Sunday, January 25, 2015

First today I would like to welcome Sid at http://harpie38.blogspot.com/ as a new follower. Sid lives in the UK and makes all kinds of mixed medium creations. I hope you have time to pop by and say "hi".

I visited the day care center Thursday that the VA reccommended. The director was a wonderful, caring man and also a lady from the VA met me there. They want hubby to come there three days a week and they will pick him up and bring him home. I think it would be wonderful for him to get to meet other veterans and a chance to talk and visit with others and keep him from in front of the TV all day long. It is just like a nursing home only you come home at night. The man from the daycare is coming to our home Monday to meet hubby.  I told hubby about it yesterday and he said he would talk to the man. I believe hubby will go once and be done. I would be thrilled for him to go three days a week to give him something to do and I would have a little break. I'm trying to be positive and hope he will go.

Today's card is another card made with my new die from Memory Box. It's very simple, just die cut and glued on. I added a simple hello and popped it up. All done. Be kind to one another.




10 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love that die!! It makes such an amazing focal point!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Liz said...

What a lovely die. It makes a stunning card!

Hope things work out well with your hubby and the day centre. xx

Sue - said...

Love the simplicity of your card. The red and white work so well together. Hope your hubby enjoys the day care centre and you get to have some time for you!

Lisa Petrella said...

What a beautiful card! Such a pretty die-cut! I hope everything works out with your husband and the day care and that you can enjoy some "me" time.

MaryH said...

Another pretty CAS. I think the pretty white die against that vivid red made an outstanding card. You're turning out some great cards. Good news to hear about the VA possibilities. I hope once he goes, he will feel like it's a place he'd like to go again, and give you a bit of break. If you felt comfortable with the folks you talked to, that's a good sign. So glad you are pursuing this. Praying it will work out for you. Hugs & TFS

papayoung said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sid said...

A great CAS card, loving your design and thanks so much for the welcome and link ........ hope that visitors to my blog enjoy what they see ! Have a great day !

Di said...

Lovely card Brenda!! I hopped over to let you know you neeeed to check out Mary H's blog (prize!) - Carolina Cards.

Oh, I do so hope your hubby takes to the day care centre honey - it would be good for him to meet with other veterans and absolutely great for you to have some time to do things without worrying over your hubby. Fingers crossed!

Hugs

Di xx

Brenda said...

It might be a simple card Brenda, but it sure is a beautiful one! I love that you left it simple because that die should be the star all on it's own. Oh I so hope that DH goes three days a week, I too think it would be good for him and it would definitely give you a break which you so need to have. I will pray that DH likes it!! I think this is wonderful that they will pick him up and bring him back as well. Hugs, Brenda

Greta said...

Beautiful card, Brenda--love that die! Sure hope hubby will like the Day Care. Sounds like it'd be a great thing for both of you! That's so neat they provide the transportation.