Sunday, July 24, 2016

I've had some computer issues. I kept getting messages to upgrade. I needed to do a backup before that happened so I tried. And tried and tried. You know I am challenged by the computer but this was out of my realm. So I took the computer to Staples. The tech discovered the back up part was never set up and activated so he did that for me and we backed up, meaing him.  Then we (he) started the upgrade to 8.1. Am I behind or what? He said upgrade to windows 10 would not be a good thing for this computer and they had lots of peoople come in when they did that. The browser isn't compatible with win. 10. He thinks I should be good for a while with 8.1. He started the upgrade and paused it. I brought it home and coninuted with it. It took all day to do that. Then I didn't have an internet connection. That has happened several times since I got home but I called Staples and they walked me through it. Now I can connect by myself. Anyway, I lost a couple of days and was cut off from the world.

Then I have been bad, part one. This picture today is mail from several different places plus some new stamps from Nashville, IN. It is new stamp sets and dies and I have not made one card. Hence, bad,  part two. I have been running with several girlfriends and SIL plus I had my granddaughter over Fri. and Sat. and we were on the go that whole time.

It is truly an extreme heat wave here as well as most of the country. The Brickyard 400 race is today and it will be miserable for the drivers. The news is saying it will be 133 degrees inside those cars and helmets. Oh my, that is dangerous. I will be staying in all day. As you can see below, my helper isn't doing much because of the heat. I've finished three loads of laundry and unloaded the dishwasher. That's about it. I plan to make a card this afternoon for my neighbor who is going through a rough patch. Plus I am living vicariously on a trip with Darnell. I'm so happy for her to get to do this. Be kind to one another and stay cool.



8 comments:

Greta said...

Ah yes--a dog's life--haha! Hope your computer troubles are behind you--love those Staples guys! Looks like fun goodies, but having time with family & friends is the best--always time to craft later! Gotta catch up on Darnell's trip, but way behind after going with hubby to the East Coast after all. Glad to be home with Fritz & back to making cards & yes--Indy is still in the plans for September! Will be so wonderful to meet you, Brenda! Stay cool!

Lisa said...

Heehee, your helper is so sweet!! And wow, look at all those fun goodies to play with!! What fun!! I can't believe how hot it's going to be for the drivers today in the 400. It would be miserable sitting in the hot stands, too. Stay cool my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Yep....this chick needs to be refrigerated or else I shall spoil....hahahahah! I have to go downstairs to stay cool. Looks like you got lots of goodies to play with. I have an order coming from Altenew...can hardly wait!!! Oh how I hate computer problems, glad you got it rememdied. We shall be watching the race, gosh that is hot in those cars, but JP says they have probably have something in the cars or their suits to keep them cool. That would be torture. Yeah, even stamping buddies need a nap.

LesleyG said...

Oh how I hate computer problems.. Your helper looks nicely chilled, I'm not keen on the heat, but good excuse to craft and keep cool xxx

Liz said...

Hope all your computer problems are behind you now. Looks like you have some great goodies to play with. Looking forward to seeing what you make with them.
Isn't it fun to follow Darnell's travels around the UK on her blog? I was so pleased to meet her IRL on Saturday, she is the most warm and friendly person you could wish to meet....and so much fun! xx

MaryH said...

Oh bummer on the pc woes..I tried to go to Win10, after 4 days of frustration when none of my equipment would work, I had my guru explain how to revert back. I have Win8 on 1 desktop & laptop. Win7 on the pc I use primarily. I will not go to Win10 unless I absolutely MUST! Yet I know folks who love it, and know folks who hated it. So good luck. If what you have is working for you, my guru says "keep it". Personally, I love BAD! You had fun, you'll use the supplies, and when you do, you'll remember the fun you had in shopping. So no bad at all.(well, yeah, the $$$$ spent!). But you're WORTH IT girl! So a good investment in your future crafting (now do you feel bettah?). I'm glad you've got friends to go places, your grandkids still wanna come hangout with you...so save the crafting when you don't have all the entertainment to do. I'm doing the same with enjoying Darnell's trip. And seeing all the 'friends' that she's getting to meet and greet! Stay cool. Hugs & TFS (PS - Molly is telling you the same thing I did..chill out, have fun Mama!)

Darnell said...

Oh, Brenda, that photo of Molly has me in stitches! That is preZACKly how I look when I sleep on the couch! You are not only supporting me as I travel throughout the UK, you are getting ready to support me on the next NBUS challenge which will be coming up on September 1st! (Well, maybe even a few days before!) So way to go with all the shopping! I hope you get all your computer issues smoothed out soon; it's a PITA! And I hope it cools off soon. I had a friend email me that it was 108 in where I live followed by 104, 103, 101, etc etc!! I asked the Mister to turn on the a/c in the Playhouse to 80 before he left, but guess what? He did not. I can only imagine how the place will look as inks melt and papers warp. Oh well, I guess I'll be going on a shopping spree, too, won't I?!! Anyway, that's really bad heat so I'm glad I'm missing it! Take care and see you along the road as I journey onward ...! Love and hugs, Darnell

Sue - said...

Oh goodness Brenda you have been bad(not!) buying all that lovely new stash! Hope your computer is working OK now. I think if I was there in that heat I would look exactly like Molly!! I had a great time meeting Darnell the other week. She is a lovely lady!