Wednesday, December 7, 2016

I hooked my oxy tank up to the portable cart and off I went to the mall. I actually went to four different places in and out of the car and did just fine. The oxy tubing got hung up on some women's pants that were hanging up and jerked me back when I tried to walk away and once I turned the wrong way and the tubing pulled me back. Other than that it was a great experience. I walked slow and didn't have any problems. Truthfully,  I have been afraid to go out with it because I have visions of tripping someone or trapping a kid with the tubing. I am getting much better with it and this was a boost since it went well.  I did all of my shopping except for my oldest grandson and I will probably get his online. The tree is up and I am getting into the spirit. Now I have to do my cards. It is going to be much colder by the end of this week so I'm trying to get my running done early.

This is the last card we made in the Christmas class. We used a brick pattern paper for background and snowflake punch to make the wreath in two different greens. Decorated it with red gems and ribbon. I hope you are all getting everything done and not stressing. Jesus is the reason and things that don't get done are okay. Be kind to one another, especially when out and about shopping and in the parking lots.


7 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card, Brenda!! I love the wreath over the brick background!! The ribbons are so beautiful!! Love, love this!!

I'm glad the trip to the mall went well!! Have a great day my friend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mrs A. said...

I like how you have used the brick design paper for hanging the wreath on. Hugs Mrs A.

Greta said...

Good for you! So glad your shopping trip went well, Brenda--good for you almost being done! I'm not working until next year & I still haven't mailed many cards which is stressing me, but you're right--Jesus is the Reason. Happy Holidays, my friend! 30s with a breeze here & is bone-chilling to me--haha!

LesleyG said...

Wow you did well to brave the shops, good for you! Love the snowflake wreath xxx

Darnell said...

Another really pretty Christmas card, Brenda! I'm so pleased to learn that you are jaunting about - sometimes with taut results! - and managing your tubing like a pro! You are an independent little inspiration to us all!! Snuggle up now for the weekend with Molly! Love and hugs, Darnell

MaryH said...

Love the brick background for this pretty green wreath. You've done some splendid cards recently. Good to hear you & the tubing are becoming better friends, and I'm glad that you had a pretty successful outing. Will inspire your confidence I'm sure. Also good that you don't have to go out in the coming arctic blast too. We got most of the cards mailed today, got a few more to 'do something' to, yet. (mainly didn't fit into standard envelopes, so I have to try to custom make some...a skill which I don't have even with the proper tools!) Take care, stay warm, and hug Molly. TFS & Hugs to you as well.

Sue - said...

Such a pretty card Brenda. Glad your shopping trip was a success and you are getting more confident with your tubing! Don't envy your weather though! Here it has turned very mild again 12C today but damp, grey and dismal!