Tuesday, May 30, 2017

I hope everyone had a relaxing three day holiday in the US. We had three beautiful days and got the parade and the race in. Thank goodness Scott Dixon was not injured in that horrific accident. All the family went to the cementery to visit Bill then went to my sons for the day. We did have a hailstorm come through on Saturday night but that was all.

I found this cool adhesive stencil at JoAnn's a while back. There are two doilies and two hearts on it and there were others as well. This was a quickie card just sponged with DI and a Hero Arts sentiment. I added a few sequins and it was done. I just wanted to show you the stencil. It sticks then you just wash it off and you're good to go again. Be kind to one another.


10 comments:

Sue said...

Brenda, this is beautiful! What a lovely effect for a quick card and I love the colours you have used. I really must use my stencils more. They hardly ever see the light of day!

Liz said...

Lovely card, Brenda, beautiful stencilling. Adhesive stencils sound like a great idea, so much easier than having to tape them onto the card. xx

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Brenda!! I love the pattern and the colors!! So beautiful!! That Scott Dixon crash was horrific...how he walked away, I'll never know. Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Greta said...

So glad the festivities were over before the bad weather. Sad going to the cemetery, but glad you were all together. I've never seen stencils like that--guess I better keep a look out next time I get to JoAnn's. Your card is really lovely, Brenda!

Megan J said...

Hi Brenda, a gorgeous card, love the colours you have used, hope you enjoyed your family time together over your long weekend, we have one coming up in a couple of weeks... Have a wonderful week... Megan

Brenda said...

What a pretty stencil and it made a beautiful card! Love that it is sticky as well and stays sticky!!! Yes, that accident was something, but amazing that the driver was unharmed! I think we had one day where it didn't rain and that was Monday. lol But today, Wed. is a beautiful day, so I am taking it!!! Hugs, Brenda

Verna Angerhofer said...

It looks like you found a great stencil. Such a pretty designed doily and your card looks great too!

pam said...

Beautiful card using stencils Brenda, pretty patterns and colours.
Pam x

Sharyn Polesel said...

Loving your card. The stencil is beautiful as are the colors you chose.

Sue - said...

That is a really pretty card Brenda. Glad you had a good weekend too.