Tuesday, May 16, 2017

I'm thrilled to have a card chosen for Honorable Mention on the http://casology.blogspot.com/.
That was a lovely surprise this morning.

I also want to post a card I made from Sparkle and Shine online class. This is a background made with Gansai Tambi pearl watercolors. I painted the color on acetate and smooshed it on the black card stock. I let it dry naturally and it gives such a soft shine. The balloons are a Simon Says Stamp die as is the happy birthday die. Gold thread is used for strings and SU sparkle paper in green and blue for the balloons. I think the gold is Tim Holtz. This is for my grandsons upcoming birthday. Be kind to one another.  Oh, I just posted this and it is not as beautiful as it is IRL. The balloons are so shiny and really stand out against the shine on the background. I wish you were here!















6 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats on your honorable mention, Brenda!! This card is so gorgeous!! The background looks amazing!! I love the shimmer and shine!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Greta said...

Hurrah--well-deserved HM at CASology, Brenda! Your class card is a beauty! I need to use the metallic wc I finally bought, so might try your technique--love the look!

Mrs A. said...

Wish I was there with you too. Your card looks lovely. Congratulations too on your honourable mention. Hugs Mrs A.

Megan J said...

Hi Brenda, Congratulations on the honourable mention with CASology! Your card is beautiful, love the shiny iridescent background you created perfect for a grandson. I always find it hard to take pictures of cards with glittery, sparkly elements too, they never seem to show up as well as they look on the cards in real like. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Verna Angerhofer said...

Congratulations on the honorable mention. And, I really love the cool card you made. I love the shimmer and shine of the birthday card design and you can never go wrong with balloons for a birthday celebration.

Brenda said...

A BIG Congrats Brenda on the honorable mention!!!! How cool is that?!! You so deserve it too! I love, love, love this card! It has shimmer, shine and glitz but is still so masculine looking for a guy. Love those peal watercolors, need me some of those! Your glittery balloons are fabulous and I just can imagine how this card looks in person!! I bet your grandson is going to love it too!! Hugs, Brenda