Wednesday, July 19, 2017

The heat is back with 100-110 heat advisories. It seems to be everywhere across the US so everyone stay safe. Stay in and craft. I did that yesterday and worked with Brushos and Color Burst. I made quite a few backgrounds but I don't think I like them. If I just barely tapped I didn't get a good coverage and if I tapped harder I got big splotches. If I misted lightly the powder didn't dissolve. If I misted more the colors all ran together. This morning since they have dried the paper is so stiff and hard. There must be something about this I don't know. I've watched the videos and it looks so easy. Any hints would be appreciated. I even messed up the metallics. I had to mist a little bit to get it moving and when I used it on the paper it just blended right in and doesn't look like I even added anything. I also tried the cling wrap technique and couldn't get the wrap to stick. I did that on four cards to no avail.

On the up side, I got to meet my grandson's girlfriend over the weekend. She lives and goes to college in another state so they take turns going back and forth to visit each other. She came here this weekend and she is just as sweet as can be and a perfect match for him. I haven't been able to meet her every time she's been here before so I was thrilled to finally get together.  They came to my house and then we went to visit with my granddaughter who works about 10 minutes from here. All in all it was a fun weekend. My granddaughter and I are going to dinner with a good friend of hers and her grandma this evening. That will be a nice evening. This is a card I made to send to his girlfriend. It is Lawn Fawn paper, a Simon Says Stamp scalloped die and the Yippee die is Waffle Flower. The little flower face is from Impression Obsession. Be kind to one another and stay cool.




9 comments:

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card this is!! I love the colors and design!! That face is too cute!! I hope you have a wonderful time at dinner!! Stay cool, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Greta said...

Oh wow--that is one gorgeous plaid, Brenda! I know she will love getting this card! How fun you got to meet her & sounds like great dinner plans! Maybe you need to get away--Oregon is way cooler & low humidity--haha! I failed at the cling wrap technique & haven't used my Color Bursts in a long time. It's possible the kind of paper you used was the problem--wish I could help.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Yes, the heat is back. I'm staying inside. lol This card is such a happy card. I love the beautiful paper and colors. Nicely done!

Megan J said...

Hi Brenda, a beautiful card, love the plaid paper and the cute little face. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a wonderful card design. I love the pattern paper but I love all plaid.

Darnell said...

Your card is so yummy for the sweet young lady, Brenda! She will love it!! It's been a year since I played with Brushos, but it sounds like what you're doing is what I did. Hmmm. The only thing I can say is that the saran wrap doesn't "stick." You just "place" it scrunched over the top of your wet Brusho paper and leave it alone for at least a half hour. Then when you carefully lift the wrap off, it leaves these awesome crystal-like lines and then you let that sit longer to dry. Also, the paper I used was Strathmore Mixed Media, if that helps. Maybe it is the heat and humidity? I mean, that just about kills anything living or powdery!! I hope you get some relief soon! Love, Darnell

Anita in France said...

Love that rainbow plaid, Brenda ... so pretty cut with the scallop die ... and brilliant for that fun sentiment ... such a happy, cheery card! Anita :)

alexandra s.m. said...

such a fresh and beautiful card dear Brenda!
Love it!!

Sue said...

Brenda, I know what you mean about the brushos, it's very hit and miss with the amount of water added. What sort of paper/card are you using? Have you tried spraying the card with spray starch before adding the colour powders and cling wrap.

Your card is adorable, I love the fresh candy colours, that paper is so pretty.