Wednesday, March 7, 2018

This is another card we made at the Stampin Up class. I love this simple bouquet and would work for any type of card. Just added a simple little yarn bow.

I started my pulmonary rehab yesterday. I can say I have high hopes for this class. I was able to do six minutes on the bike and six minutes on the treadmill. Not fast, but I made it through. They worked with us on the breathing and that helps. There was another lady there for the first time too so we worked together.  When I parked and walked into the hospital I had to sit down and catch my breath before getting on the elevator. When I left I did not have to do that, so that was already an improvement. There are four other classes on nutrition, medications, emotional aspects and prevention measures that I also have to attend and a support group once a month by the American Lung Association. It has refreshments!

Winter has returned today with howling winds and a bit of snow. Great day to start my Easter cards.  I haven't really felt like doing much because I don't have much energy. I take a nap every afternoon and hope to give that up soon. Be kind to one another.


11 comments:

Lisa said...

This is beautiful, Brenda!! I love the pretty bouquet!! I'm glad the class is working. Praying that it continues to do so, my friend. Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Colleen said...

Brenda this is a pretty bouquet and such a CAS design, I love your colors. Oh, what a great read today! I loved it when you said you could walk out without stopping to catch your breath. Halleluja!! And Praise the Lord! such wonderful news...the first class was a success, let's hope it just gets better with each one! Happy for you friend! HJeart Hugs! Col

Mrs A. said...

Do hope that the classes continue to be of benefit to you. 6 minutes is good. I love the look of your card. Such a pretty colour and CAS.
We have milder weather here at the moment but the wind is quite biting.
Stay safe and warm. Hugs Mrs A.

Kara Lynne said...

Hi Brenda! How fun to have you visit my blog today, thank you! I've been enjoying scrolling through your blog and getting to know you a little. Your cards are wonderful, and I love to see how you create with your stamping group and your grandchildren. It sounds like your pulmonary rehab is going to really be helpful to improve your energy!

Sue said...

The bouquet is beautiful and I love the colours and simplicity. I hope the rehab goes well x

MaryH said...

This is such a beautifully simple and elegant floral card. Love these soothing colors. Really happy to hear the 1st therapy session went well, and am so proud of you for making the effort to try this. Some days I expect will be a little hard to make yourself go, but you're doing something proactively to help yourself breathe better. Enjoy staying inside and cozy today. Nothing wrong with a nap either!! We have earned the right to nap if we feel so inclined! TFS & Hugs

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Brenda, a beautiful bouquet and pretty colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is so pretty and well designed. Love the colors too! I am glad the rehab is making a difference.

Greta said...

Hurrah--classes have started! So great that you could already see some benefit, Brenda, & I hope that continues. Nothing wrong with a little nap, I say! What a beautiful bouquet & the yarn bow is such a perfect element! Boy do I miss the stamping classes that used to be here. Our spring has gone, but it will be back! Stay safe & warm--hugs, Greta--& a pat on the head for Molly!

pam said...

Beautiful card Brenda, love the pretty image.
Pam x

Brenda said...

I'm so happy to hear that the pulmonary rehab is making a difference for you Brenda! That is so awesome and I know you will continue to improve. Keep up the great work!!! I love this card, it's simplicity makes is so beautiful. I am loving that stamp too, so sweet and the perfect little bouquet of flowers. Hugs, Brenda